Listen to us every Wednesday!
We now have a weekly radio show with Passionate World Talk Radio! In this 30-minute show our host Dr. Marianne Matzo will answer questions that people have about symptom management, end of life decisions, grief, and anything thing else on people’s minds related to these topics. Marianne Matzo is an advanced practice nurse with a lifetime of expertise in in oncology, hospice, and palliative care.
- Deciding to start Hospice – Chris Sperry talks about his decision to start hospice support after 10 years of treatment for colon cancer
- Making health decisions for a loved one – Noble Livingston shares his story about making an end of life decisions for his mother when she was too sick to make them for herself.
- Living with a Brain Tumor – Lisa shares about being diagnosed with a glioblastoma (brain tumor) and what follows for her life. What are the choices for this aggressive disease and how do you move forward after hearing this news?
- Food & Fluids with Alzheimer’s – Join us as we talk about what to expect regarding eating and drinking in terminal illness with Sally Hebert.
- Thriving with a colostomy – You find yourself diagnosed with a disease like colorectal cancer, ovarian cancer, or Crohn’s disease (to name a few) and find out that part of the treatment is a colostomy. Meet Chris who did an iron man race after his colostomy.
- Living with a chronic illness – Stevan, who was diagnosed with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and had a double lung transplant five years ago, shares his philosophy about living with chronic illness.
Would you like to participate?
Marianne is interested in talking directly with the people who are asking the questions. This is your opportunity to have your questions answered and help others learn from what is on your mind.
Are you willing to chat with her? You can be anonymous if you wish. This is a way to possibly help other people who are having symptoms or are in the process of making important decisions in their lives? We will arrange for you to call in on your phone according to your schedule. If interested, contact us at email@example.com or through Facebook. We hope to hear from you!