Marianne is out this week to rest her voice. Charlie stepped in to do a newsreel-style episode full of information on scams, magic mushrooms, Alzheimer’s and dementia (even pets!), preparation, poems, and can’t-miss shows and movies!
- Guardianship Scams
- Psychedelic Mushrooms (Psilocybin therapy)
- Other Odds and Ends
- “Why swearing is a sign of intelligence, helps manage pain and more” – CNN
- “Do Animals Get Dementia? How to Help Your Aging Pet” – National Geographic
Poem by Stevie Smith – Not Waving But Drowning
Nobody heard him, the dead man, But still he lay moaning: I was much further out than you thought And not waving but drowning. Poor chap, he always loved larking And now he's dead It must have been too cold for him his heart gave way, They said. Oh, no no no, it was too cold always (Still the dead one lay moaning) I was much too far out all my life And not waving but drowning.
Recipe of the Week
This week we have a drink inspired by Winston Churchill:
- Add gin to a mixing glass full of ice and stir to combine.
- While stirring, glance occasionally at a bottle of vermouth from across the room.
- Pour into a chilled glass.
- Garnish with a single cocktail olive
Let us hear from you!
What did you think? Did you like our unusual episode? Have an idea for our next episodes? Drop us a note below, or on our Facebook page. Thanks for listening!