This is the first of a two-part series discussing the research regarding what people with serious illness want, particularly at the end of their lives.
This episode discusses:
- Wanting to know what to expect
- Finding meaning in living an dying
- Wanting to be more than just your diagnosis
- Needing help from our loved ones
We have a special guest Rochele Converse who talks about her experiences as a patient. Rochele has courageously battled not just one cancer, but TWO! Listen to her inspiring story of her wonderful attitude through it all and support she received from others.
- 5 Things That People Who Are Dying Want You to Know
- What people want at the end of life:
- Kuhl, D., Stanbrook, M. B., & Hébert, P. C. (2010). What people want at the end of life. CMAJ : Canadian Medical Association journal = journal de l’Association medicale canadienne, 182(16), 1707. https://doi.org/10.1503/cmaj.101201
- What people most want in their final months
- 10 Practical Tasks to Help You Deal With a Terminal Illness
- HOPE in Oklahoma – Gynecological Cancer Support and Education