We are continuing our series about what to expect during the process of dying with the topic of terminal agitation. Be sure to listen to all of our segments on the dying process:
- S2E26: What you need to know about pain, fatigue and skin at the last hours of living
- S2E27: What you need to know about eating and drinking in last hours of living
- S2E28: How to manage difficulty breathing in last hours of living
- S2E30: What you need to know about the last hours of living: Organ Failure
- S2E31: The Strange Phenomenon of Terminal Lucidity: Awakening Before Death
- The Macabre Art of Baking ‘People Pot Pies’ – Gastro Obscura (atlasobscura.com)
- Ed Gein: Wikipedia
- Nahm, M. (2009). Terminal Lucidity in People with Mental Illness and other Mental Disability: An Overview and Implications for Possible Explanatory Models. Journal of Near-Death Studies, 28(2), Winter 2009, 87-106.
- Nahm, M., Greyson, B. Kelly, E. and Harroldsson, E. (2011)Terminal Lucidity: A Review and a Case Collection. Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics. 55,138-142.
- Nahm M, Greyson B. (2009) Terminal lucidity in patients with chronic schizophrenia and dementia: a survey of the literature. J Nerv Ment Dis, 197(12):942-944.
- Michael Nahm’s Website: http://www.michaelnahm.com/terminal-lucidity
Charlie had some interesting stories for us about tombstone cooking. One had the missing headstone of Peter Weller show up after being missing for nearly 150 years show up in a home – and it was used for making fudge! Learn more here.
Another tombstone belonging to Utah grandmother Kay Andrews (97 years!) is remembered by a delicious fudge recipe. Do you see a fudge theme arising???? Get Kay’s sweet recipe and more detailed instructions from PopSugar.
Recipe of the Week
This recipe really belonged in our Halloween section, because it is soooo macabre! You can’t unsee it. But then it’s so fascinating…check out this strange art of baking “People Pot Pies”.
Or…if that’s not your thing, how about a REAL chicken pot pie? This recipe comes from Natasha’s Kitchen.